Pelvic Floor Health Birth Doula
Natural birth is what comes naturally to you, according to your personal needs and desires. I have had three natural births , two of them water births. I am a believer in the power of a woman’s body to birth her baby. I help to create the sacred space for you to have the birth story you desire for you and your child. I help you to understand the difference between “pain with a purpose” and “suffering” in labor.
I am not hired to speak for you. You hire me to educate you and your
partner, and to provide you a trusted guide during the birthing process so
that you can “own your birth.” What does “owning your birth” mean? It
means you are able to communicate confidently with the medical
professionals about your informed choices.
"Julia’s presence, coaching, support, wisdom and
care helped us have a birth of our child that could
not have been scripted any better. Everything we
had hoped for, came true. We will be forever grateful
for what Julia Piazza has done for us, and more
importantly for our child." Paul and Natalie
I have created a Birth Partner Workshop and manual to provide my clients
with the following tools for “owning their birth”:
Birth Wisdom Yoga Birth Breathing and Softening
Hands-on teaching of comfort measures for back labor and discomfort in labor.
Photos and the teaching of research-based poses to create space for baby during childbirth.
Positions for mom for the pushing phase of labor that optimize room for baby in the lesser pelvis.
My Integrative Pelvic Floor Health program to support and prepare the pelvic floor for birth.
How to advocate peacefully for a positive birth experience.
Pelvic Floor Breathing and Body Alignment for an Optimal Birth Experience.
How to "breath your baby out" and protect your perineum.
Informed consent questions with specific ways to advocate with your care provider if interventions are recommended.
Supporting mom through each stage of labor.
Creating Intimate Space for Mom and Baby
Decisions to discuss with your care provider before the birth.
Discussion of all of your plans, concerns and questions, to help ensure you have clarity moving forward.
When to go to the birth center and what it will look like when you arrive there.
Tips for nurturing yourself after your baby is born.
Pelvic Floor Birth Doula packages include the following:
1. Meet and Interview Appointment, in-person or by phone.
2. Prenatal Appointment which includes my very popular Birth Partner and “Dudela” training workshop, so your partner will learn everything they need to know to support you mentally and physically in birth.
3. Each couple will receive a copy of my book, Birth Wisdom Yoga Remedies and Journal to prepare weekly for birth.
4. A copy of the Birth Partner Training Guide.
5. A Birth Wisdom Yoga Meditation to practice during pregnancy.
6. Doula Support during your entire birth.
7. Postpartum Appointment Check-in after the birth. We will assess breast-feeding and or feeding support, emotional support and any questions that may be arising for the birth parents during the first week at home. This appointment can be in person or over the phone.
8. One to five Prenatal Yoga, Postpartum Pelvic Floor Yoga and or Mommy and Me Yoga Classes, depending on package purchased.
Additional Prenatal, Postpartum and Pelvic Floor Yoga classes can be purchased at a discounted rate of 100.00 for each 90-minute session.
Financial Aid is available for families in need.
Half of payment for Pelvic Floor Birth Doula Services is due on day of signing agreement to hire Julia, and second half is due on the first day of the birth month.
"Natural birth is what comes naturally to you."
Julia Piazza Women's Integrative Health Specialist
- Pelvic Floor Preferred
Diamond Package2,800$Pelvic Floor Birth Doula Services
- 5 Prenatal Yoga Classes
- 2 Post-Partum Yoga Classes
- 1 Mommy and Me Classes
Platinum Package2,300$Pelvic Floor Birth Doula Services
- 3 Prenatal Yoga Classes
- 1 Post-Partum Yoga Classes
- 1 Mommy and Me Yoga Classes
Gold Package2,100$Pelvic Floor Birth Doula Services
- 1 Prenatal Yoga Class
- 1 Post-Partum Yoga Class
- 1 Mommy and Me Yoga Class